A summary of the players’ performance.
- Bogdan Lobont (Goalkeeper) 6 – His only mistake of the evening was his timing on the Zuniga shot. The rest of his performance was first class.
- Gabriel Heinze (Defender) 5.5 – Saved Roma from several Napoli attacking plays and looked comfortable when clearing the ball.
- Simon Kjaer (Defender) 4.5 – The weak link in the back yet again. He had a hard time keeping up with Cavani all night, and failed to make his long passes connect.
- Aleandro Rosi (Defender) 6 – A great performance from the Italian. His passing play with Totti that lead to his assist was very elegant.
- Rodrigo Taddei (Defender) 7 – This was a much better performance from Taddei. Maybe he is finally becoming more comfortable in the fullback role.
- Marquinho (Midfielder) 6 – Definitely better than the Fiorentina match, and he did well to catch Rosi’s cross to get Roma on top in the first half.
- Miralem Pjanic (Midfielder) 5 – Some may be wondering if he has overcome his injury problems. There were times his passing was good, but overall he looked uncomfortable on the ball.
- Fernando Gago (Midfielder) 5 – Missed a golden opportunity when the ball bounced off of De Sanctis’ save. For a player from Real Madrid Roma fans expected much better.
- Francesco Totti (Striker) 6.5 – His passing game proved to be the backbone for most of Roma’s plays. He had the vision to pick up on Rosi’s run which lead to the first goal, and almost caught De Sanctis sleeping.
- Bojan Krkic (Striker) 7 – Bojan really showed what he has to offer a team in attack. If anyone were on the other end of the crosses he put in, Roma would have demolished Napoli. Roma would be smart to keep him for next season.
- Fabio Borini (Striker) 5 – We all expected more from Borini. He was the weak link in Roma’s build up plays.
- Leandro Greco (Midfielder) 5.5 – The midfield seemed to spark to life when he entered the game. He deserves to start the next game over Fernando Gago.
- Fabio Simplicio (Midfielder) 5.5 - He did well to score the tying goal, but wasted time with his overzealous celebration with 3 minutes left in the match.
- Gadji Tallo (Striker) 6 - He showed some great skill against some of Napoli’s seasoned defenders. He did well to keep the ball and get in the cross for Simplicio’s goal.
- Morgan De Sanctis (Goalkeeper) 5 – He had a few fumbles that could have cost Napoli their hopes to stay in a Champions League race. He looked shaky when Totti and Taddei tested him with some powerful shots on goal.
- Salvatore Aronica (Defender) 6 – The veteran defender did his part, but looked like he was fading towards the end of the match.
- Juan Zuniga (Defender) 6.5 – He took a chance and got Napoli back in the game. He seemed to be Napoli’s best chance at winning the game if not for Lobont coming to the rescue.
- Paolo Cannavaro (Defender) 5.5 – He did not step up and lead his defenders when Napoli took the lead.
- Federico Fernandez (Defender) 5.5 – He also tested Roma’s backup keeper, but left the back open for Roma to counter.
- Marek Hamsik (Midfielder) 5.5 – It was a quiet evening for the young midfielder. However, he made the most when he had possession and hit post with a shot that would have gotten past Lobont.
- Christian Maggio (Midfielder) 6 - He had a good performance in the first half, but let the rookie striker, Tallo, get past him to lay in the cross for tying goal.
- Blerim Dzamaili (Midfielder) 4.5 - Had a frustrating evening that earned him a yellow card and an early substitution in the second half.
- Gokhan Inler (Midfielder) 5 – He did not show any of the fire we have seen in the past. He fired away at Lobont, but couldn’t get past him.
- Walter Gargano (Midfielder) 4.5 – He failed to link up with any of his team mates, and showed why Napoli rely on the Three Tenors for their attack.
- Edinson Cavani (Striker) 6 – He was kept quiet in the first half, but seemed to get his head straight in the second. He put them in the lead for twenty minutes.
- Ezequiel Lavezzi (Striker) 5 – He came in late into the second half, and did not have much of an affect on the game.
- Goran Pandev (Striker) 7 – The team seemed to play a little better when he came on. He also had the vision to see Cavani making the run between Roma’s defenders and laid it in for the assist.