Juventus prove why they are on top with a 4-0 win over Roma
- Gianluigi Buffon (Goalkeeper) 5 – There really wasn’t much for him to do, after Roma picked up the red card they rarely made any threats on goal.
- Giorgio Chiellini (Defender) 7 – He did very well to contain Roma’s attackers, and almost picked up a goal from Pirlo’s free kick.
- Paolo De Ceglie (Defender) 7 – He caused some major problems on the wing, and got the assist on the first goal.
- Andrea Barzagli (Defender) 6 – He did his part early in the game to frustrate Roma’s strikers when they tried to respond to the first goal.
- Leonardo Bonucci (Defender) 6 – Bonucci did some great defending on Roma’s corner kicks.
- Stephan Lichtsteiner (Defender) 6.5 – Lichtsteiner used his skill and speed to get the ball forward several times for Juventus.
- Claudio Marchisio (Midfielder) 7 – He drew Stekelenburg off his line and into a red card. He later put away the fourth goal.
- Andrea Pirlo (Midfielder) 7.5 – A great passing game for Pirlo, and he did well to get the rebound when Curci saved the penalty kick.
- Arturo Vidal (Midfielder) 8 – He put away two goals in less than ten minutes and ripped open Roma’s defense.
- Mirko Vucinic (Striker) 7.5 – Vucinic punished his former club with two assists.
- Fabio Quagliarella (Striker) 6 – Not a bad game, but he did waste a few chances on goal.
- Alessandro Del Piero (Striker) 5.5 – He came on after the team were pretty far ahead and did not have much to do.
- Marco Borriello (Striker) 5 – Another striker that came on when the game was all but won. He did not do anything impressive with his time on the field.
- Emanuele Giaccherini (Midfielder) 5.5 – He came on for Vidal who definitely earned a rest. Giaccherini did not have any impact on the game though.
- Maarten Stekelenburg (Goalkeeper) 4 – He racked up his second red card for the season in an important match.
- Jose Angel (Defender) 5 – Angel didn’t seem to get his head into the game until Juventus were up by two goals.
- Simon Kjaer (Defender) 5 – He continues to disappoint Roma fans with his poor defensive performance.
- Aleandro Rosi (Defender) 6 – The one shining light in Roma’s defense. He cleared the ball when needed, but couldn’t get his crosses in when he pushed forward.
- Marquinho (Midfielder) 4 - A poor performance from a player who should have done a lot better in the midfield. He gave the ball away too many times.
- Daniele De Rossi (Defender) 5 - We have seen much better performances from the Vice Captain when he has played a central defender in previous games.
- Miralem Pjanic (Midfielder) 5.5 – Playing behind Osvaldo and Borini did not suit him well. There was very little he could do when Borini was sacrificed to bring in Curci.
- Fernando Gago (Midfielder) 5 – Another Roma player who gave the ball away too many times.
- Simone Perrotta (Midfielder) 4 - He did get forward a few times, but was almost invisible for most of the match.
- Pablo Osvaldo (Striker) 5.5 – He was caught offsides several times, but it’s harsh to judge him when he was completely alone up top.
- Fabio Borini (Striker) 6 – During his short time on the field he looked to be Roma’s only chance to get back into the game. A shame that he had to be substituted so early for Curci.
- Gianluca Curci (Goalkeeper) 6 – For someone who has not played as much or on as big a stage as Stekelenburg, he looked like at least his equal on this night. His only real mistake was not getting on top of the ball after blocking Pirlo’s penalty kick.
- Erik Lamela (Striker) 5 – He had a few good touches, but he was mostly sent in for damage control.
- Bojan Krkic (Striker) 5 – He came in for Osvaldo, but there really wasn’t much he could do as the lone striker.